American Made Machine Tools Built in Rockford, Illinois
Bourn & Koch, Inc. engineers, designs and builds machine tools in the Heartland of America. Our Rockford, Illinois based plant has over 130,000 square feet of manufacturing space dedicated to producing the best built machine tools that America has to offer. We specialize in gear manufacturing machinery with a full line of hobbers, shapers and gear grinders. We stock our H-Series gear hobbers in various sizes for immediate delivery.
New Technologies Incorporated with Time Tested Machine Tools
As OEM for the well-known and respected machine tool brands of Blanchard, DeVlieg, Fellows, Motch and Springfield, we build a wide array of machines for manufacturing processes. We’ve incorporated the best features of these machine tool brands into newly engineered designs coupled with modern technologies to provide manufacturing solutions that fit your company and processes.
What sets Bourn & Koch apart from other machine tools?
- Engineering: We have a full staff of engineers with decades of experience in the machine tool industry. Our engineers are hands on, working closely with our precision machine tool assemblers to ensure that each machine is properly built.
- Precision Machine Tool Assembly: Our Company is staffed with highly trained precision machine tool assemblers. Many of our assemblers have been with us for decades, gathering a wealth of knowledge on our machines.
- Hand Scraping: We hand scrape the way surfaces of all of our machine tools, both new and rebuilt. Bourn & Koch firmly believes that hand scraping is a necessary practice. We continually train and develop our precision machine tool assemblers in this lost art.
- Manufacturing Capabilities: Bourn & Koch has a full machine shop with grinding, gear manufacturing, heavy boring, turning and fabrication. We are able to ensure the highest quality components are manufactured by us for our machines.
- Inspection: We have a full inspection department including multiple CMM machines. We utilize the latest in laser alignment and magnetic electronic leveling technology to ensure our machines are as accurate as they can be.
- Customization: Bourn & Koch has a well-documented and successful track record of providing custom machine tool solutions for specific manufacturing applications. Our work with ordnance manufacturing machines, volume production and our modular VBX line are just a few examples of how we apply our knowledge and expertise to assist in engineering, building and manufacturing a machine that fits your needs perfectly.