Bourn & Koch H-Series sets the standard for horizontal gear hobbing. Our gear hobbers are used throughout numerous industries as the leader in horizontal gear hobbing.
Standard quality produced by our Bourn & Koch 100H is AGMA Class 9-10 gears, depending on quality of workholding, tooling, and process. Cutting gears to that level of excellence starts with the precise manufacture and assembly of our machines. Each gear hobber’s base, hob swivel and hob slide is machined at Bourn & Koch, ensuring that our tolerances are not just met, but exceeded. Check out this video of our gear hobbing machines in action by clicking here!
Bourn & Koch manufactures our H-Series Gear Hobber in four sizes from our 25H with a pitch range of 1 module to up to our 600H with a massive 12 module pitch range. Each machine features a Fanuc CNC control with servo motors. The machine features precision linear roller ways, hand-scraped bearing surfaces and accurate ball screws for easily achieving high tolerances. Our conversational HMI guides the operator through the gear cutting process, reducing specialized training required to run the machine. Designed to cut external spur and helical gears, each H-Series Gear Hobber is a versatile tool crafted by precision machine tool builders with decades of experience.
The 100H has a spindle face that is compatible with tooling for the Barber-Colman 6-10 gear hobber. This makes the transition to CNC gear hobbing more cost effective than with a competitor’s machine. Bourn & Koch supports Barber-Colman users with parts and service but can also help you upgrade to CNC gear hobbing to cut cycle times and increase production. Check out this article about upgrading from manual to CNC gear hobbing by clicking here!
- 6 Axis CNC gear hobbing
- Standard production of AGMA class 9-10 gears (Quality up to AGMA 13 possible!)
- Bed designed with anti-friction hardened and ground ways for superior CNC machine life, gear quality and finish
- Stress-relieved steel weldment base with intelligently applied polymer concrete for rigidity and vibration dampening
- Automatic Single or Double-Cut Cycles with speed and feed change between cuts
- Crown Hobbing or Taper Hobbing Cycles
- Automatic Hob Shifter with parts per shift counter
- Power-Programmable CNC Hob Swivel for accurate setting of hob slide
- Manual grease lubrication to all bearing surfaces
- Full machine enclosure