The Bourn & Koch series of VBX-Modular CNC Machine Tools set the standard for the vertical turning. 1000VBT is used throughout numerous industries for accurately turning medium and large sized workpieces.
Our 1000VBT is a CNC machine tool designed as part of our VBX series of modular machine tools. With over 40 years machine tool building experience and 2500 years of combined American Machine Tool engineering in our archives, the VBT is a CNC machine tool designed, engineered and built with precision in mind. The components of the VBT base are machined at Bourn & Koch, ensuring that our tolerances are not just met, but exceeded.
Bourn & Koch manufactures our VBT series of CNC machine tools in three sizes from our 1000VBT up to our 2500VBT with a massive swing. Each machine is CNC controlled with servo-motion control on precision linear roller ways, hand-scraped bearing surfaces and accurate ball screws for easily achieving high tolerances. Our conversational HMI guides the operator through the turning process, reducing specialized training required to run the machine. Designed to for both standard and live tooling, each VBT CNC machine tool is a crafted by precision machine tool builders with decades of experience.
1000VBT CNC Machine Tool Construction:
- The base is constructed of heavy-duty, stress-relieved steel weldment with intelligently applied concrete polymer for additional dampening and to eliminate vibration.
- The column is a heavy duty, stress-relieved steel weldment with intelligently applied concrete polymer for additional dampening and to eliminate vibration. The column supports the vertical and cross slides and turret head under maximum work load.
- The cross slide is positioned by a precision ball-screw. The cross slide is equipped with both rapid traverse and feed in either direction.
- Precision way areas are provided in the column for mounting the cross slide on hardened and ground, preloaded, precision linear roller guide ways.
- The work spindle is a self-contained unit mounted on precision radial/axial roller bearings with infinitely variable speeds of 20-200 RPM.