Bourn & Koch VH-Series sets the standard for the vertical gear hobber. Our vertical gear hobbers are used throughout numerous industries as the leader in vertical gear hobbing.
Our VH-Series Hobbers can produce AGMA Class 9-10 gears without grinding. Cutting gears to that level of excellence starts with the precise manufacture and assembly of our machines. Each gear hobber’s base, hob swivel and hob slide is machined at Bourn & Koch, ensuring that our tolerances are not just met, but exceeded.
Bourn & Koch manufactures our VH-Series Vertical Gear Hobber for accurately hobbing large gears. Each machine is CNC-controlled with servo-motion control on precision linear roller ways, hand-scraped bearing surfaces and accurate ball screws for easily achieving high tolerances. Our conversational HMI guides the operator through the gear cutting process, reducing specialized training required to run the machine. Designed to vertically cut external spur and helical gears, each VH-Series Gear Hobber is a versatile tool crafted by precision machine tool builders with decades of experience.
- 6-Axis CNC gear hobbing
- Standard production of AGMA class 9-10 gears
- Bed designed with anti-friction hardened and ground ways for superior CNC machine life, gear quality and finish
- Stress-relieved steel weldment base with intelligently applied polymer concrete for rigidity and vibration dampening
- Automatic Single or Double-Cut Cycles with speed and feed change between cuts
- Crown Hobbing or Taper Hobbing Cycles
- Automatic Hob Shifter with parts per shift counter
- Power-Programmable CNC Hob Swivel for accurate setting of hob slide
- Full machine enclosure