The Bourn & Koch VH-Series vertical gear hobber provides large diameter vertical hobbing up to 1280mm with a max. module of 6.4. The machine can handle long parts up to 2270mm, making it ideal for use in the wind power industry, heavy equipment, and other industries requiring heavy duty large gear production.
Our VH-Series Hobbers can produce AGMA Class 9-10 gears depending on the application. Cutting gears to that level of excellence starts with the precise manufacture and assembly of our machines. Each gear hobber’s base, hob swivel and hob slide is machined at Bourn & Koch, ensuring that our tolerances are not just met, but exceeded.
Bourn & Koch manufactures our VH-Series Vertical Gear Hobber for accurately hobbing large gears. Each machine is CNC-controlled with servo motors and precision linear roller ways, hand-scraped bearing surfaces and accurate ball screws for achieving high tolerances. Our conversational HMI guides the operator through the gear cutting process, reducing specialized training required to run the machine. Designed to vertically cut external spur and helical gears, each VH-Series Gear Hobber is a versatile tool crafted by precision machine tool builders with decades of experience. See our hobbing machines in action by clicking here!
- 7-Axis CNC vertical gear hobber including tailstock
- Standard production of AGMA class 9-10 gears depending on application
- Bed designed with anti-friction hardened and ground ways for superior CNC machine life, gear quality and finish
- Stress-relieved steel weldment base with intelligently applied polymer concrete for rigidity and vibration dampening
- Automatic Single or Double-Cut Cycles with speed and feed change between cuts
- Crown Hobbing or Taper Hobbing Cycles
- Automatic Hob Shifter with parts per shift counter
- Power-Programmable CNC Hob Swivel for accurate setting of hob slide
- Full machine enclosure
To learn more about whether CNC gear manufacturing is right for you and your business, check out this brief article. Bourn & Koch is glad to work with you to determine what the best fit will be for your shop from both a quality and investment standpoint.