The Bourn & Koch series of VBX-Modular CNC Machine Tools set the standard for the vertical grinding. 1500VBG is used throughout numerous industries for accurately grinding medium and large sized workpieces. This machine is in stock and ready to ship. Contact us today for a quote.
Our 1500VBG is a CNC vertical grinder designed as part of our VBX series of modular machine tools. Bourn & Koch has over 40 years machine tool building experience and 2500 years of combined American Machine Tool engineering in our archives. Because of this, our VBG vertical grinder is designed, engineered and built with precision in mind. The components of the VBG are machined at Bourn & Koch, ensuring that our tolerances are not just met, but exceeded.
Bourn & Koch manufactures our VBG series of vertical grinders in three sizes from our 1000VBG up to our 2500VBG with a massive swing. Each machine is CNC controlled with servo-motion control on precision linear roller ways. We also hand-scrape bearing surfaces and equip accurate ball screws, making it easy to achieve high tolerances. Our conversational HMI guides the operator through the turning process. Thus, reducing specialized training required to run the machine. Each VBG CNC machine tool is a crafted by precision machine tool builders with decades of experience.
1500VBG Vertical Grinder Construction:
- The base and column are each constructed of a heavy-duty, stress-relieved steel weldment.
- Concrete polymer is intelligently applied to the weldments for additional dampening and to eliminate vibration.
- The column supports the vertical and cross slides and grinding head under maximum work load.
- The cross slide is positioned by a precision ball-screw. The cross slide is equipped with both rapid traverse and feed in either direction.
- Precision way areas are provided in the column for mounting the cross slide on hardened and ground, preloaded, precision linear roller guide ways.
- The work spindle is a self-contained unit mounted on precision radial/axial roller bearings with infinitely variable speeds of 0-80 RPM via an integral liquid cooled torque motor with 140 Nm torque.