Bourn & Koch HDS 1600-300 sets the standard for herringbone gear generators. Our HDS 1600-300 is proven to drastically reduce cycle times over manual herringbone gear generators in a compact footprint.
The HDS 1600-300 utilizes revolutionary dual linear stroking shaping heads to quickly generate massive herringbone gears and pinions. Companies in heavy industry still rely on a older mechanical herringbone gear generator. The HDS takes the proven concepts of older herringbone gear generator machines and adds today’s technology along with patentend Bourn & Koch engineering concepts to produce a solid herringbone gear generator that meets the rigorous production and quality standards of heavy industry.
The 1600-300 HDS Dual Gear Shaper At A Glance
- 9-axis CNC control with Bourn & Koch HMI front end for quick and easy set-up
- Adaptive tool monitoring through the CNC control
- Electronic index drive for synchronization of cutter and work rotation
- Programmable tool offsets
- CNC linear back-off for independent control of back-off amount and cutting head depth control of each gear shaping head
- Stroking speeds with quick return for increased productivity andstroke positioning adjustment
- Trademarked Orient Stiffness Backoff – unique servo-driven oriented stiffness design for crowning tapering and tool depth matching
- Constant or diminished in-feed rate for increased production and reduced tool wear
- Electronic cutter alignment for each head
- Direct-drive cutter spindles and work spindle