The Bourn & Koch series of VBX-Modular CNC Machine Tools set the standard for the vertical grinding. 1000VBG is used throughout numerous industries for accurately grinding medium and large sized workpieces. Contact us today for a quote on this machine.
Our 1000VBG is a CNC vertical grinder designed as part of our VBX series of modular machine tools. With over 40 years machine tool building experience and 2500 years of combined American Machine Tool engineering in our archives, the VBG is a vertical grinder designed, engineered and built with precision in mind. The components of the VBG are machined at Bourn & Koch, ensuring that our tolerances are not just met, but exceeded.
Bourn & Koch manufactures our VBG series of vertical grinders in three sizes from our 1000VBG up to our 2500VBG with a massive swing. Each machine is CNC controlled with servo-motion control on precision linear roller ways, hand-scraped bearing surfaces and accurate ball screws for easily achieving high tolerances. Our conversational HMI guides the operator through the grinding process, reducing specialized training required to run the machine. Each VBG is a quality CNC machine tool crafted by precision machine tool builders with decades of experience.
This machine is available to ship immediately from our inventory. This vertical grinder has the following options installed:
– Pallet Receiver
– Automatic side door for workpiece and pallet loading via robot
– 800mm t-slot worktable for mounting pallet receiver
– CNC b-axis for swivel of grinding spindle +/- 90°
– CNC c-axis for workpiece positioning for probing with high RPM & torque
– 7.5kW 430mm long x 115mm OD grinding spindle with HSK-50A tool connection
– Combination dressing unit including single point and rotary dresser with acoustic sensing
– Gap elimination software and hardware
– Workpiece probing system
– HSK-50 grinding arbor package (5 arbors)
– 4 additional I/O modules for robot load interface
– 12 station HSK-50 automatic tool changer
– Fanuc 0i CNC control with grinding HMI for conversational programming
1000VBG Vertical Grinder Construction:
- The base is constructed of heavy-duty, stress-relieved steel weldment with intelligently applied concrete polymer for additional dampening and to eliminate vibration.
- The column is a heavy duty, stress-relieved steel weldment with intelligently applied concrete polymer for additional dampening and to eliminate vibration. The column supports the vertical and cross slides and grinding head under maximum work load.
- The cross slide is positioned by a precision ball-screw. The cross slide is equipped with both rapid traverse and feed in either direction.
- Precision way areas are provided in the column for mounting the cross slide on hardened and ground, preloaded, precision linear roller guide ways.
- The work spindle is a self-contained unit mounted on precision radial/axial roller bearings with infinitely variable speeds of 0-100 RPM via an integral liquid cooled torque motor with 140 Nm torque.