Bourn & Koch doesn’t just rebuild and retrofit machine tools, we remanufacture them. There’s a big difference between a rebuilt machine tool and a remanufactured machine. Think of your old DeVlieg Jigmils, Blanchard Surface Grinders, Fellows Shapers, or Bullard VTLs like classic cars. These machines are legendary American Iron just waiting to be restored to their former glory. Rather than buy a new machine made overseas that has poor quality castings and questionable support, invest in a remanufactured machine tool from Bourn & Koch.
Our basic remanufacture process is as follows:
- Disassemble entire machine, inspect major machine castings for flaws or damage
- Evaluate major machine systems for rebuild or retrofit
- Hand-scrape way surfaces back into alignment, adding frictionless bearing material as necessary
- Replace mechanical gearboxes, acme screws and outdated components to latest technology
- Install servo motors and control, rewire machine to current standards, and upgrade safety features as required
- Fully reassemble machine and test accuracies