Bourn & Koch, Inc. was started in 1975. We proudly celebrate 40-plus years of American-Made machine tool manufacturing in Rockford, Illinois.
Our Mission: We will forever develop a skilled and respected team of critical thinkers that creatively drive the innovation necessary for increasing stakeholder value.
Our Values: We are piloted by our values: Passion, Integrity, Loyalty, Ownership, Teamwork
Our Vision: The Bourn & Koch DNA is comprised of manufacturing solutions that meet the customers’ need while delivering a positive experience and a lasting partnership.
- 1975 – Larry Bourn & Loyd Koch, engineers working for Sundstrand Machine Tool, open the doors as a small machine tool rebuilder with an emphasis on specialty machines and remanufacturing and retrofitting.
- 1984 – Bourn & Koch purchases the old Rockford Machine Tool building, in preparation for expanding business.
- 1985 – Bourn & Koch purchased the assets of Barber Colman Company, Machine Tool Division and began making its mark on the gear manufacturing machine industry.
- 1998 – Bourn & Koch purchased the assets of Reed Chatwood.
- 2002 – Bourn & Koch purchased the assets of Roto-Technology, to complement our gear products.
- 2002 – Bourn & Koch purchased the assets of Fellows and Jones & Lamson.
- 2004 – Bourn & Koch purchased the assets of DeVlieg-Bullard, acquiring not only Devlieg and Bullard but also OEM rights to notable machine tool manufacturers such as Blanchard, Mattison, Motch, Springfield and American Tool Works.
- 2011 – Bourn & Koch develops the VBX Modular Platform of machine tools, engineering, designing and building a gear shaper, vertical grinder, and vertical turret lathe around common core components.
- 2014 – Bourn & Koch acquires King Machine Tool, providing service for their American-made vertical turret lathes and boring mills.
- 2016 – Bourn & Koch acquires Diamond Technology Innovations, Inc. (dti), a leader in the manufacture of waterjet cutting orifices and cutting heads.
- 2018 – Bourn & Koch redesigns and re-engineers the Blanchard 22AD-42 rotary surface grinder, modernizing the machine and bringing it into today and tomorrow’s technology.
- 2019 – Bourn & Koch becomes part of Precision Cutting Technologies (PCT) along with dti, Supermill, and CID.
- 2020 – The new MT³ vertical grinder is developed and engineered by Bourn & Koch, combining vertical grinding, turning and milling into one machine platform. The first machine is built for Bourn & Koch’s machine shop.