Bourn & Koch doesn’t just rebuild and retrofit machine tools, we remanufacture them. There’s a big difference between a rebuilt machine tool and a remanufactured machine. Think of your old Blanchard Grinders and Fellows Gear Shapers like a classic car. Check out this video of a fully CNC remanufactured Fellows 36-6 gear shaper by clicking here. These machines are legendary American Iron just waiting to be restored to their former glory. We’re typically able to provide remanufactured Blanchard grinders or Fellows gear shapers at a fraction of the cost of a new machine. Rather than buy a new machine made overseas that has poor quality castings and questionable support, invest in a remanufactured machine tool from Bourn & Koch.
Our basic remanufacture process is as follows:
- Disassemble entire machine tool, inspecting for major machine castings for flaws or damage
- Evaluate major machine systems for rebuild or retrofit to new technology
- Replace all parts and components that do not meet OEM print specifications
- Replace all bearings, seals, belts, and wear items throughout the machine
- Recondition all way surfaces by machining as necessary, adding frictionless bearing material, and hand scraping back to original alignments
- Replace mechanical gearboxes, acme screws and outdated components to latest technology
- Install servo motors and control, rewire machine to current standards, and upgrade safety features as required
- Fully reassemble machine and test accuracy to ensure it meets original alignments and specifications
Our remanufactured machines come with new Fanuc CNC controls just like our new models. Many of them even operate the same human-machine interface as our new models, allowing your operators to more easily transition to a new machine when the time is right. Remanufactured machines carry a one (1) year standard warranty as well.
Learn more about each machine tool we remanufacture by clicking on a machine brand below!