At Bourn & Koch, we don’t just rebuild and retrofit machine tools – we remanufacture them. We are restoring legendary American machine tools to OEM specifications. When investing in a remanufactured machine tool, you can expect to produce the same quality parts as you would see on a new machine at a fraction of the cost. Check out this video of a fully CNC remanufactured Fellows 36-6 gear shaper by clicking here.
Our basic remanufacture process is as follows:
- Disassemble entire machine tool, inspecting major machine castings for flaws or damage
- Evaluate major machine systems for rebuild or retrofit to new technology
- Replace all parts and components that do not meet OEM print specifications
- Replace all bearings, seals, belts, and wear items throughout the machine
- Recondition all way surfaces by machining as necessary, adding frictionless bearing material, and hand scraping back to original alignments
- Replace mechanical gearboxes, acme screws and outdated components to latest technology
- Install servo motors and control, rewire machine to current standards, and upgrade safety features as required
- Fully reassemble machine and test accuracy to ensure it meets original alignments and specifications
Our remanufactured machines come with new Fanuc CNC controls just like our new models. Many of them even operate the same human-machine interface as our new models, allowing your operators to more easily transition to a new machine when the time is right. Remanufactured machines carry a one (1) year standard warranty as well.
Learn more about each machine tool we remanufacture by clicking on a machine brand below, or contact us regarding specialty remanufactures!