The 10-4 Fellows Gear Shaper sets the standard for the mechanical gear shaping. The 10-4 is recognized throughout numerous industries such as automotive and aerospace as the leader in mechanical gear shaping.
The 10-4 Fellows Gear Shaper can produce AGMA Class 10 gears without grinding. Cutting gears to that level of excellence starts with the precise manufacture and assembly of our machines. Each 10-4 we build is designed, engineered and built at Bourn & Koch, ensuring that our expectations for the machine are not just met, but exceeded.
Bourn & Koch manufactures the 10-4 Fellows Gear Shaper with a Fanuc 0i-MD CNC control standard. Each machine is CNC-controlled with servo-motion control for easily achieving high tolerances. Our conversational HMI guides the operator through the gear shaping process, reducing specialized training required to run the machine. Designed to cut both internal and external spur and helical gears, each 10-4 Fellows Gear Shaper is a versatile tool crafted by precision machine tool builders with decades of experience.
- CNC gear shaping
- Standard production of AGMA class 10 gears
- Stress-relieved steel weldment base with intelligently applied polymer concrete for rigidity and vibration dampening
- Internal & external spur and helical gears (requires helical guide)
- Infinitely variable stroking range
- Standard hydrostatic spur guide
- Full machine enclosure