Bourn & Koch H-Series sets the standard for the horizontal gear hobbing machine. Our gear hobbers are used throughout numerous industries as the leader in horizontal gear hobbing. Bourn & Koch gear hobbers are the result of over 30 years of experience in the American Machine Tool manufacturing industry.
Our H-Series Hobbers can produce AGMA Class 9-10 gears without grinding. Cutting gears to that level of excellence starts with the precise manufacturing and assembly of our machines. The base of each hobber, hob swivel and hob slide is machined at Bourn & Koch, ensuring that our tolerances are not just met, but exceeded.
Bourn & Koch manufactures our H-Series Gear Hobber in four sizes from our 25H with a pitch range of 1 module to up to our 600H with a massive 12 module pitch range. Each machine is CNC-controlled with servo-motion control on precision linear roller ways, hand-scraped bearing surfaces and accurate ball screws for easily achieving high tolerances. Our conversational HMI guides the operator through the gear cutting process, reducing specialized training required to run the machine. Designed to cut external spur and helical gears, each H-Series Gear Hobber is a versatile tool crafted by precision machine tool builders with decades of experience. To make replacing your Barber-Colman hobber easy, the workspindle bolt pattern on the 100H and 400H is designed to allow for you to reuse your Barber-Colman tooling.
- 7 Axis CNC gear hobbing
- Standard production of AGMA class 9-10 gears
- Bed designed with anti-friction hardened and ground ways for superior CNC machine life, gear quality and finish
- Stress-relieved steel weldment base with intelligently applied polymer concrete for rigidity and vibration dampening
- Automatic Single or Double-Cut Cycles with speed and feed change between cuts
- Crown Hobbing or Taper Hobbing Cycles
- Automatic Hob Shifter with parts per shift counter
- Power-Programmable CNC Hob Swivel for accurate setting of hob slide
- Full machine enclosure