Only a Blanchard Surface Grinder can truly “Blanchard Grind”. Our surface grinders are recognized world wide as the leader in rotary surface grinding.
A Blanchard Surface Grinder consists of a grinding wheel or grinding segments and a rotary table operated by spindle drives. Numerous options are available for both grinding wheels and spindle drive horsepower combinations. New models have two servo-linear axes: the carriage (X-Axis) and the spindle head (Z-Axis). Each axis is powered by a servo motor with encoder feedback for accurate positioning. The process of “Blanchard Grinding” is synonymous with quality, precision, and accuracy.
Bourn & Koch’s new Blanchard Grinders are able to quickly and effectively remove stock from a variety of materials. Effective reductions of cycle times, elimination of operations and increase in productvity are all possible with the implementation of Blanchard Rotary Surface Grinding.
Basic Features & Construction:
- CDTXL Bonus Grind Segments. (Can grind to the center of a 144” diameter part.)
- Heavy duty steel weldment base reinforced with intelligently applied polymer concrete for vibration dampening. Precision hardened and ground steel ways, hand scraped to the table body.
- Rigid, double wall, ribbed casting table body, hand scraped to the magnetic chuck.
- 120” Blanchard one-piece steel magnetic chuck.
- The wheel head is a heavily ribbed casting featuring oversized tapered roller bearings on both the grinding spindle and the pinion shaft are used to take the thrust of the helical gearing and grinding loads.
- A 200 HP 1200 rpm spindle motor.
- Blanchard 72” CDT Bonus Grind segment wheel holder, with one set of abrasive segments.
- Heavy box section cast iron with square hand scraped vertical ways.
- Three Point Column Support for quick, accurate, adjustment of the grinding spindle relative to the magnetic chuck.
- Heavy gauge sheet steel water guards.